Friday, April 17, 2009

West Virginia Trip - Part 1 - The Initial Approach

Welcome to the first installment of my twenty-five day trip to West Virginia.


For those of you who don’t know, I am taking a 25 day vacation to West Virginia. I will definitely be climbing at Seneca Rocks, and hopefully at Nelson Rock Preserve and New River Gorge, as well.

So, far the trip has been quite uneventful. Following a colossal mix-up with my leave, we finally hit the road at approximately 10:45 on Wednesday morning. 12.5 hours and over 1000KM later I arrived at my parent’s house in Norfolk, VA. Thursday was spent shopping and preparing for my Dad’s 50th birthday party, which we are having Saturday night. I also took a trip to the rock gym in town, in order to stretch my muscles after the car ride and catch up with people I haven’t seen in over two years. The gym was as good as ever, caught up with people, made some new friends and, of course, climbed. It was good to do some actual bouldering, for once. Today, we continued prepping for the party and I spent some time getting my gear sorted out for my actual trip. I also picked up the bicycle that Brian Thompson was so generous to lend me for the three weeks. It will definitely make travelling around the Seneca area easier than if I were on foot.


Anyhoo, not too much of an update because not much has happened yet. I will try and continue posting these, but I don’t know how reliable the internet will be once I arrive in West Virginia.










PS – If anyone sees “the Dan’s” tell them to get down here ASAP.


No comments:

Post a Comment